About Rosamondford Turkey Farm
Rosamondford Farm has been in the Slade family for more than 60 years. Steven and Sarah are the third generation Slades to run the farm.
Starting with only 50 turkeys 30 years ago, we have built the business to produce the following annually:
- 3,500 farm-fresh free-range bronze turkeys
- 3,000 farm-fresh barn-reared white turkeys
- 12,000 free-range chickens, and
- 300 beef cattle.
Our core aim is to supply an outstandingly good-quality succulent turkey for your Christmas dinner. All our birds are raised from one-day old chicks. From the moment they arrive, they are fed on a simple diet of wheat and vegetables which are free from drugs, additives and growth promoters.
The turkeys have a long, happy and active life. They are free to roam the paddocks and sleep overnight in a comfortable, warm barn safe from predators and worry.
The key differences:
- our turkeys are specially-bred for traditional flavour — not size
- our turkeys are grown slowly and for much longer to full maturity
- our turkeys are fed on high quality natural feeds
- our turkeys are tended by caring farmers who ensure the highest welfare conditions
- our turkeys are prepared to the highest standards and matured for a minimum of seven days
- our turkeys are individually packed in presentation boxes with vacuum-packed giblets and information leaflet.
We also have more than 30 acres of natural barley which is fed back to the livestock.
Rosamondford Farm is located in the heart of East Devon a few miles from Exeter.