Totally Traditional Turkey Guarantee
Our membership of the Traditional Farm Fresh Turkey Association (TFTA) ensures we follow a 12-point guarantee of quality:
- Turkeys are reared with the greatest care by an independent farmer dedicated to producing the finest birds.
- Turkeys are grown slowly to full maturity.
- Turkeys are fed whole grain with no animal protein or additives for growth. Turkeys are never given drugs or antibiotics unless prescribed by a vet.
- Turkeys are housed in buildings with natural light and ventilation. Each bird has space which exceeds Animal Welfare Code recommendations and permitted to graze outside when mature.
- Turkeys are handled with extreme care by experienced farm staff.
- Turkeys can bed down on comfortable straw and soft wood shavings.
- Turkeys are slaughtered on the premises to avoid the stress of transportation.
- Turkeys are traditionally dry-plucked and hung for at least seven days to mature and develop natural flavour.
- The farm is regularly checked to adhere with health and safety standards.
- All facilities are inspected by Environmental Health and Meat Hygiene Service officers.
- Every bird is individually inspected to to ensure it reaches our quality standard.
- All turkeys carry a full money-back guarantee in the unlikely event of customer dissatisfaction.