Turkey and Creamy Stilton Pies
Serves 4 people.
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 400g leftover Totally Traditional Turkey, brown and white meat (cut into chunks)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves only)
- 1 tbsp of brandy
- 100ml turkey or chicken stock
- 150ml double cream
- 120g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 375g pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 913 calories
- 67.4g fat
- 36.5g saturates
- 3.9g sugars
- 1.7g salt
Preheat oven to 180°C / 360°F / gas mark 4.
Heat the butter and rapeseed oil in a large frying pan, add the onion mushrooms and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Then stir in the cooked turkey, garlic and thyme and cook for a further 3 minutes, pour over the brandy and allow to bubble for 1 minute, then add the stock and cream and warm through gently. Remove from the heat and stir in the stilton, season with sea salt and black pepper.
Divide the turkey mixture between 4 individual pie dishes.
Unroll the pastry and cut into four pastry lids (slightly larger than the individual pie dishes). Then wet the rim of the dishes with water. Lay the pastry circles over the top and press to the rim firmly. Make a small slit with a knife to allow the steam to escape. Brush with beaten egg and place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until golden.