Turkey, Red Pepper and Basil Frittata
Serves 4 people.
- 6 eggs
- 120g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g chopped and cooked Totally Traditional Turkey
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 427 calories
- 28.3g fat
- 11.0g saturates
- 2.1g sugars
- 1.1g salt
Preheat the grill.
Beat the eggs together with the grated cheese and season well with sea salt and black pepper and set to one side.
Using a non-stick frying pan, lightly fry the onion, red pepper and garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the turkey, basil and parsley and season with sea salt and black pepper. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the top and reduce the heat to low, cook for a further 10 minutes until just set and then place under the grill until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Serve with a green salad.
Tip: You can use yellow or orange peppers or substitute other vegetables like sweetcorn, courgettes or mushrooms.